Hearth Moon Rising loves exploring the multidimensional aspects of animal encounters. She takes an experiential and historical approach to understanding the powers we share with our furred, feathered and scaled friends. Hearth lives in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York, where she devotes much of her time to outdoor pursuits such as hiking, snowshoeing and mountain biking. Hearth is a licensed outdoor guide.
Hearth was initiated as a Dianic priestess in 1987 and ordained as a priestess of Ishtar in the Fellowship of Isis in 1990. She has taught magic and led ritual for over two decades. Hearth’s first book, Invoking Animal Magic, was hailed for its innovative approach to connecting with animal spirits. Her latest book, Divining with Animal Guides, continues to reflect the unique perspective rooted in tradition that Hearth’s readers have come to expect.
A Few Miscellaneous Facts About Hearth:
- Hearth is a Buckeye, with a bachelor’s degree in economics from The Ohio State University.
- Hearth is a retired child and family therapist, with a Master of Social Work degree from Arizona State University.
- Hearth has been a vegetarian for over thirty years.
- Hearth lived on wimmin’s land for many years. This is where she met the snake she writes about in Invoking Animal Magic.
- Hearth once rescued a Whooping Crane. She writes about it in Divining with Animal Guides.